Microsoft has begun the progressive rollout of the revamp of Microsoft Edge upheld the Chromium motor through Windows Update on gadgets running the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (adaptation 1803) and fresher deliveries to trade the heritage rendition.
Although it’s recommended to modify to the remake of the browser, there could be tons of reasons to skip it. for instance, you’re employed in a corporation, and you would like to suits your network environment policies. you employ another browser, and you are not curious about the remake of Edge. Or you’re comfortable using the legacy version, and you would like to attend a touch longer to update.
Whatever the reason it’s going to be, you’ll use the Microsoft Blocker Toolkit or the Registry to stop Windows 10 from installing the remake of Microsoft Edge through Windows Update automatically.
How to block Windows Update from installing Edge Chromium using Blocker Toolkit
The easiest method to stop the new Microsoft Edge browser from installing through Windows Update is to use the Microsoft Blocker Toolkit.
Getting Blocker Toolkit
To download the Microsoft Edge Chromium blocker content, utilize these means:
- Open Microsoft uphold site.
- Snap the Blocker Toolkit download connect.
- Double-click the MicrosoftEdgeChromiumBlockerToolkit.exe file that you simply downloaded.
- Click the Yes button.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select a folder to extract the files.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the OK button again.
How to block Windows Update from installing Edge Chromium using Registry
Alternatively, if you do not want to use the script, you’ll edit the Registry to stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing the remake of Microsoft Edge on your computer.
Warning: this is often a friendly reminder that editing the Registry is risky, and it can cause irreversible damage to your installation if you do not roll in the hay correctly. It’s recommended to form a full backup of your PC before proceeding.
Click here to download
To stop getting the new Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, utilize these means:
- Open Start.
- look for Regedit and click on the highest result to open the Registry.
- Browse the subsequent path:
A quick tip: On Windows 10, you’ll now copy and paste the trail within the Registry’s address bar to quickly jump to the key destination.
- Right-click the Microsoft (folder) key, select New, and click on Key.
- Name the key EdgeUpdate and press Enter.
- Right-click the newly created key, select New, and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the key DoNotUpdateToEdgeWithChromium and press Enter.
- Double-click the newly created DWORD and set the worth from 0 to 1.
- Click the OK button.
After you complete the steps, the Microsoft Edge supported Chromium won’t download and install automatically on your computer.
Of course, you’ll always revert the changes using equivalent instructions, but on step No. 8, confirm to vary the worth from 1 to 0.