Microsoft Azure is Microsoft’s public cloud computing platform. it had been introduced in October 2008 as Windows Azure but was later rebranded as Microsoft Azure in April 2014. It provides a variety of cloud services, including those for compute, analysis, storage, and networking, also as cloud-based versions of enterprise Microsoft solutions like Active Directory and SQL Server.
The platform is meant to permit businesses to possess how to simply build and manage customized applications and other services, which are then deployed on an enterprise-grade data center that’s supported or managed by Microsoft.
As of November 2018, Azure is usually available in 54 regions around the world.
What services does Microsoft Azure provide?
The directory of Azure services is growing all the time so for the foremost up so far information it’s recommended that you simply check their website. Below we’ve broken the services down into key types.
- Compute – Counting virtual machines, cloud applications, compartments, batch schedules, and APIs
- Networking – Provision private networks, load balancing, VPN gateways, manage traffic, and monitor network performance.
- Storage – Includes cloud storage, blob storage, queue storage, file storage, and disk storage also as cloud backup and recovery.
- Web and Mobile – These services allow you to try things like creating and deploying cloud apps for the web and mobile, automate access and use of knowledge, build cloud APIs, send phs notifications and deliver content virtually to all or any devices
- Containers – Including container registry, container instances, and repair fabric and container server
- Databases – These services include managed SQL database and oversaw MySQL database as an administration, information change and development, and Azure Cosmo DB.
- Data & Analytics – Among other things, these services allow you to create, deploy and manage predictive analytics solutions, create interactive data visualization and manage data transformation,
- AI and Cognitive Services – Includes a variety of APIs like emotion recognition, facial detection, computer vision, and speech conversion.
- Internet of Things – These services help users to capture, monitor, and analyze IoT data from sensors and other devices.
- Enterprise Integration – Enables users to attach cloud environments and automate the access and use of knowledge.
- Security and Identity – Manage Azure deployment, schedule and run jobs, and make automation. Identify and answer security threats,
- Developer Tools – Work together with different clients, establish conditions and recognize, emergency, and analyze issues inside web applications and administrations.
- Monitoring and Management – Screen, oversee, investigate, and robotize your Azure assets.
Click here to download
What are the benefits of Microsoft Azure?
- Fast – Azure is quick to deploy, operate, and scale.
- Easy Transition – usually easier to use “out-of-box” and a lot of easy. This, aboard the very fact that Azure virtual machines integrate with different Microsoft merchandise, typically makes the transition to cloud infrastructure drum sander.
- Security – Microsoft holds a variety of security accreditations together with ISO/IEC 27018, iso 27001, ISO 9001, Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) STAR Self-Assessment, ITAR, HIPAA, and therefore the HITECH Act, FEDRamp, and authority 1075. With Azure, you furthermore may have complete management of the gathering, access, use, and distribution of your company knowledge, further as complete visibility and management over knowledge storage and access.
- Development – Microsoft frequently adds new options and solutions to Azure’s directory.
- Agile – permits businesses to develop, test, feedback, and rehear once developing applications while not high-ticket outlay or difficult infrastructure.
- Global Reach – Azure is presently on the market in thirty-eight world regions, with an extra four planned.
- Scalable – Microsoft Azure will usually be leveraged for any size business, from a start-up right up to an enterprise-level organization.
- Flexible – Like different cloud service suppliers, Azure offers the power to instantly provision computing resources on demand.
- Fully Integrated – Contains several components on the far side storage, together with a unified delivery pipeline, IoT integrations, and a development atmosphere. Azure is additionally closely integrated with different Microsoft tools like SharePoint, workplace 365, and Outlook.
- Protected – Azure has regional and world failover choices, hot and cold standby models further as rolling bring up capabilities.
- Compliant – For tightly regulated industries like money services, Azure is compliant with laws.
- Deployment – you’ll deploy Azure anyplace, whether or not that’s your own knowledge center or one model to deploy on-premise and to the cloud.
- Reduced IT prices – Helps you to scale back prices usually related to increasing infrastructure.
Visit office.com/setup to know more.