If you’re having trouble signing in to your Microsoft account, there might be a couple of different reasons for that – such as you can’t remember your password, have two-step verification turned on, or are traveling or employing a new device.
Here are some suggestions to assist you to revisit your account as quickly as possible. First, try the simplest options:
- If you remember your password but it isn’t working, confirm that Caps Lock is turned off which your email address is spelled correctly.
- Clear your browser history, or try signing in to your account from a special internet browser.
If these don’t help get you back into your account, try resetting your password or see if one among the opposite scenarios below applies to you and provides them a try.
If you Forgot your Microsoft Account Password and can’t remember, reset it
Follow these steps to make a replacement one:
1. attend the Reset your password page.
2. Choose the rationale you would like your password reset, then click Next.
3. Enter the e-mail address, ph.no. or Skype ID you used once you made your Microsoft account. this might be any email address, or an email ending during a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
4. Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you are not a robot), then click Next.
5. If you’ve got security info on your account, we’ll send a one-time code to the alternate ph.no. or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the subsequent screen, you will be ready to make a replacement password.
Sometimes changing settings in your account can affect how you check-in, and resetting your password won’t fix it. See if one among the scenarios below applies to you.
If you latterly turned on two-step verification
If you’ve taken the additional security step of turning on two-step verification, some apps and devices will tell you your password is wrong, because they haven’t been updated to prompt you for a security code. rather than your regular password, you’ll get to use an app password to urge in.
Forgot my Microsoft Password and can’t get Security Code
If you can’t get a security code
If you do not have or can’t get to your security info (your alternate ph.no. or email address), click I didn’t get a code when you’re provoked for a code at sign-in, or I don’t approach those when you’re resetting your secret word, at that point adhere to the guidelines.
You might be approached to round out a security survey. You’ll be asked for information, just like the subject lines of the email you latterly sent from your account, your birthdate, card info, and other details only you’d know. you do not need to know every answer, and it’s okay to be close if you do not know the precise answer.
Click here to know more
If you change your security info and have a 30-day waiting period
If you see a mistake message “We’re not ready for you yet” when trying to access your account, it might be the 30-day waiting period after changing your security info.
If your profile is temporarily blocked
In this article, we discussed How to reset your Microsoft account password. Hopefully, you have reset your Microsoft account password. To get more help visit Office.com/setup.